What is linkbait?
Linkbait is a piece of content placed on a web page - whether it's a useful article, a unique blog post, picture, that people respond to by linking to or sharing with others. Many bloggers work hard to create an effective linkbait for the specific intention of gathering links from as many different sources as possible.Some people believe that is a great search engine optimization tool.
How does link bait will help your SEO?
• The quantity and quality of inbound links are two of the many metrics used by a search engine ranking algorithm to rank a website. Linkbait creation falls under the task of link building, and aims to increase the quantity of high-quality, relevant links to a website.
• More links to your site send more potential customers your way. After all, the whole purpose of SEO - coming up high in the search engines - is about reaching more people.
• In addition to typically immediately increasing traffic to a website, linkbaiting also drives a site up in search engine rankings, as most search engines look at how many links a site and uses these links to assess the value of a site.
• Linkbait helps you gain mindshare and brand recognition.
The aim of linkbait is that your content must generate links from other websites. You want people to like or hate your article/post/rant enough to write about it on their website and post with the follow-up a link back to your site and page with your content. You need to be outstanding with your idea of a linkbait.
There are 5 types of linkbait:
• Resource. There are a lot of addons and free software that people download to supplement their regular features. Create some sort of tool that is useful enough that people link to it.
• News. Keeping up with the breaking news on the web and around the world is followed by readers who want to know, in capsule form, what's happening. Provide information that a reader may find very useful. Find fresh information and obtain citations and links as the news spreads.
• Controversial topics are often used as linkbaits because people who strongly disagree will often post in forums to discuss the topic or bash you for writing it. You will get a lot of visitors who will start an open platform in your comment section to say why they do or don’t agree with what you have to say.
• Humor. Funny stories, bizarre pictures or videos, cartoons and jokes always prove to be link bait.